CMC Vellore Medical Entrance Exam
CMC Vellore Medical Entrance Exam
CMC Vellore is an abbreviated form of Christian Medical College Vellore, which is recognized by the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, conducts all-India entrance exam or Common Entrance Test by CMC Vellore to select candidates for admission into various courses offered by the Institute at level of under-graduate medical and para-medical.
Courses Offered - CMC Vellore
Following courses are offered by CMC Vellore at Undergraduate and Post Graduate level for admission to different programs.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- B.Sc. Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
- BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- B.Sc. MLT (Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology)
Eligibility - CMC Vellore
The student must meet the following eligibility criteria before submission of his/her application form. The candidates who are not meeting the eligibility criteria are not allowed to take admission in the respective colleges institues under CMC Vellore.
Common Eligibility for all Courses
- Aspirants must cleared 10+2 exam or equivalent to it.
- Candidates should have passed in all subjects of the qualifying examination of the HSCE (Academic) conducted by Tamil Nadu state Board or any other equivalent examination in one and the same attempt in the subjects.
- Candidates must be 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- In the last 2 years of their academic study, students must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with English.
- Candidates must scored minimum of 60% marks in 10+2 in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology both) and have average marks 140/200 in the above stated subjects, both in qualification exam as well as competitive exams.
- Candidates must have average 50% of marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Only unamarried women candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must cleared the qualification exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
EXAM PATTERN - CMC Vellore
The students must follows the following exam pattern to clear CMC Vellore. The candidate should also practice the previous year papers to become familier with exam pattern and time duration.
- The entrance exam includes multiple-options objective type questions.
Paper contains questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy and a few questions on Issues of Current Topical Interest.
The total time given for the entrance exam is 3 hours and 10 minutes.
There are 60 questions each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (120 minutes total) and 120 questions in General Ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy and on Issues of Current Topical Interest (70 minutes).
Performance in this test is the basis of a call for practical tests and interviews and final selections.
All candidates admitted to MBBS/BSc. Nursing/ BSc. MLT/BPT/BOT courses will have to undertake a service obligation, to work in an area of need for a period of two years after completion of training.
Syllabus - CMC Vellore
The Syllabus for CMC Vellore for different subjects are given below.Students are adviced to work on exam topics according to topic importance and weightage in exam.
- General Ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy
- Issues of Current Topical Interest
Contact Address - CMC Vellore
Complete Information about contact address, official phone number,
official website, fax number and other details.