Career as Commercial Pilot
Commercial Pilot Courses offer the students a perfect platform to prepare for a challenging career in the aviation sector. These courses involve extensive training and comprise of several steps before one can become a certified commercial pilot. At present there are quite a number of institutes that offer commercial pilot training courses in India.
The duration of these courses is generally for a period of 2 to three years. Prior to starting the commercial pilot training, one has to get a Student Pilot License (SPL). For this purpose, students should also join training programs for getting Private Pilot License (PPL). Following the PPL, they have to undergo a 190 hours of flying training needed for acquiring a Commercial Pilot's License (CPL).
- You must complete your Class XII under the 10+2 system or its equivalent with a minimum of 50 per cent marks in Mathematics and Physics.
You must be minimum 16 years of age to be eligible for a Private Pilot License and 17 for a Commercial Pilot License.
Your vision in one eye must be perfect. In general medical terminology, it is called 6/6 eyesight. In the other eye, you could have an imperfection of 6/9, which must be correctable to 6/6.
General physical fitness is mandatory. You must be free of any disease that can hamper normal function.
- Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd. 201/202, Comet, Opp Bandra Talao, Turner Road, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400050 India.
Website : www.carveraviation.com Tel: +91-22-2642 0138
- Andhra PRadesh Flying Club, Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati-7.
- Bangalore Aeronautics Technical Services, Mysore Aerodrome, Karnataka.
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna-1.
- Chimes Aviation Academy
- Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Faculty of Flight Safety Services, Delhi Flying Club Ltd. Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.
- Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore-452 005, MP.
- Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderabad-500 026.
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.
- Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore-560 064.
- Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Hasni Road, Baroda-390 006, Gujarat.
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Fursatganj Airfield, Rea Bareli-229 302, Uttar Pradesh.
- Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar.
- Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, PO Sahnswal, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra.
- Orient Flight School, Adminstrative Office 40, GST Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai-600 016,
Operations at Civil Aerodrome, Pondicherry -605 008.
- Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi-110037.
- The Bombay Flying Club, Juhu Aerodrome, Juhu, Mumbai-400 049.